Monday 20 February 2012

Evaluation Activity 7) Looking back at your preliminary task what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


















When I did my preliminary task I had no idea how to use the video camera let alone how to edit on a proper system. You can clearly see when watching how basic it is and how ineffective its edits are. Apart from the standard edits there was no understanding of how to make it any better it was simply cutting up the little footage which we had. Apart from close up and extreme close up I had no idea about shot types and camera angles such as match on action, shot reverse shot and the 180 degree rule. I also had no knowledge or understanding of the different systems used to edit and create such as Adobe premiere pro and Adobe photoshop. Since then I have learnt so much particularly concerning shot types and camera angles from point of view shots to low angle shots. It was vital that we learnt these for filming our horror film. On a less technical note I discovered how important planning and preparation are when creating a film  even if it is only a few seconds long.

When it comes to the different systems used for editing films I was at one point unable to do anything more than cut up shots and still then it appeared rough and jumpy. Now I can edit far better I no longer find it hard to cut film or insert titles and have no need to ask for help. We did not use Adobe photoshop for our preliminary task but were required to use it for our horror film because we had to create our own production company logo. Having used premiere pro for some time i had a basis of knowledge which i used to help me through photoshop. As with premiere pro I can now use photoshop without trouble.

I feel that that i have used all my new knowledge and skills effectively and now know by comparing my two films how much i have actually learnt throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment